02 Jul Life Insurance for Seniors with Arthritis
Life Insurance for Seniors with Arthritis will be available on the severity of your disease and your age.
If you are in a wheelchair or unable to do your own Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s), you are only able to get guaranteed issue life insurance.
If your rheumatoid arthritis has already affected the heart or lungs, a decline will most likely be the result. However you will be able to qualify for graded death benefit life insurance.
Arthritis means inflammation of the joints. Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease where the white cells and antibody proteins in your blood that usually fight infections attack your joints instead. This causes inflammation where you may experience heat, swelling and tenderness in the affected joints.
RA is a disease that causes your immune system to wrongly attack the healthy tissues that line the joints, causing pain and swelling in multiple joints. Over time, this causes damage to joints and cartilage.
What Life Insurance Companies will want to know if you have Arthritis
- Date of diagnosis
- Disease severity (how well it’s controlled or not controlled on certain medications)
- Medications used for treatment
- Tissues affected (just joints or other tissues like lungs or central nervous system)
- Is the arthritis in remission or has it relapsed?
3 Life Insurance Options for Seniors with Severe Arthritis
There are 3 Life Insurance Options for Seniors with Severe Arthritis:
- Graded Death Benefit – very few health questions but includes a waiting period for coverage to take full effect.
- Guaranteed Issue – no health questions, may have a waiting period for coverage to take effect.
- Final Expense -intended to cover burial and funeral costs
Get a Free Life Insurance for Seniors with Arthritis Quote
It’s normal if your overall health gradually decreases as you age.
Always remember that premiums can vary widely between companies.
If you are applying for life insurance with arthritis, you really need to work with a broker who understands the complicated guidelines and will fight on your behalf to get the lowest rate for your situation.
Call 813 964 7100
Email us at [email protected]